Investigators now believe the death of Brandon Lee Dozier, 21, of Fairfield was no accident.

Dozier was pronounced dead in the early morning hours of June 3 after being run over by a pickup truck driven by Jason W. Isle, 21, of Fairfield. The accident happened on Mount Vernon Road, near the entrance to Frontier Community College on the west side of Fairfield.

On Monday, a Wayne County grand jury returned two indictments for first-degree murder and obstruction of justice against Isle and a passenger in his truck, Shawn E. Webb, 19, also of Fairfield.

A third suspect, Traci S. Matthews, 17, of Johnsonville, was indicted for obstruction of justice.

Investigators believe that Isle intentionally ran Dozier down, causing his death. He''''s also accused of providing false information to Fairfield Police detective Brent Maguire by claiming a 16-year-old girl had been driving the truck the night Dozier was run down and killed.

First-degree murder charges against Webb were filed based on Illinois'''' accountability statutes. The obstruction of justice charge was filed after Webb allegedly told police the only two people in his truck the night of Dozier''''s death were Isle and an unnamed 16-year-old girl.

Isle''''s girlfriend, Tracey Matthews, was indicted on charges she told investigators that Brandon Dozier was lying in the roadway when he was run over, and that Isle did not intend to hit him. Forensic evidence, police say, shows that Dozier was actually upright and walking when he was hit by Isle''''s truck.

Isle had been held in the Wayne County Jail under $150,000 bond since the night of Dozier''''s death, charged with reckless homicide and aggravated drunken driving.

Wayne County State''''s Attorney Kevin Kakac stated that the reckless homicide and aggravated drunken driving charges against Isle remain in place, despite the addition of first-degree murder charges. Webb and Isle are being held on $1 million bond.

Matthews'''' bond has been set at $50,000.

All three suspects are being held in the Wayne County jail, pending a first appearance in Wayne County Circuit Court.